Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Today I am proudest of a piece of paper.

I am even afraid to open the envelope. I should wash my hands and put on gloves. But even then, where will I put it without a frame or something. What if I crease it? Will it lose some value? I mean, for God's sake it's not a baseball card, but actually it is more valuable.

I know if I never even received the piece of paper that represents my degree, I still have a Bachelor's of Fine Arts. The paper doesn't confirm this. Like I said it is just some tangible symbol for what I've accomplished.

But still I treat it like a newborn child plated in 24K gold. My piece of paper will be well taken care of.
And if anyone thinks of touching it, expect to lose a finger.
And if anyone thinks of looking at it, I'll be selling tickets.
And if I see a dingo come 'round eying my baby, he better be bulletproof.

Today I feel like I have a college degree.
While it is only a piece of paper, it has multiplied my confidence (think of a good number...) at least five-fold.

1 comment:

  1. It really is funny that all those years, thousands of dollars, and God knows how many sleepless nights later, what do we have to show for it?... a piece of paper.

    Well actually, we've got all the art too. So that's cool.

    Imagine if you were like a philosophy major or something.

    -annie

    ReplyDelete

/*******Google Tracker*********/