Saturday, July 21, 2007

I am Lloyd Dobler

I think... that I am Lloyd Dobler.
I just watched 'Say Anything' for the first time today...
and I think it was a mistake..to have never known this story before.

Lloyd is a gentleman.
Everyone trusts Lloyd because he exudes responsibility and confidence, but at times he is nervous or fidgety.
Even when he is unsure of himself, at least he does what he believes in, what he wants.
That Ione Skye has a nice smile. It's big. And happy. And resonates a lot of the same things that Lloyd is.
Lloyd is also hopeless.
Lloyd is also vulnerable.
But he is passionate, persistent...
"I'm not going to meet someone like Diane Court at a kegger."
Lloyd rambles in the same way that I think.
Lloyd makes sacrifices for his friends.
Is Lloyd charming?

Am I Lloyd Dobler?
Maybe I give myself too much credit.
I mean, I'm not a fictional character...
but I think I try to be...
at least, a little bit...
sometimes.

"Nobody really thinks it's going to work..."

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Joey, but you are not Lloyd Dobler. You are not hopeless. You have an education and a bright future. You do have some of his good characteristics like u said but I dont think that u are that big of a pessimist like him. I bet after a month in France that Diane would dump Lloyd for being so needy and hook up with some French dude. Ha! Anyway, hit me up when u get a chance. Training camp begins this weekend so u better get ready. Later!

    ReplyDelete

/*******Google Tracker*********/