Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Sleep is always inevitable.

I have no idea how I manage to slip from waking up late and going to bed late into waking up early and going to bed early, and from sleeping barely to sleeping too much, back into sleeping too late and staying awake til 3-frickin-30 AM.
This cannot be healthy, but right now I am barely tired. Of course, I was having fun with the family... well, those who are still here, in Westland. Fun can trump sleep sometimes, for a while.

If I read something I will fall asleep.

Or if I simply stay... try to stay awake - no , then I would probably be awake when the sun came up. My family would keep me awake with their constant stepping on the floor, and cooking, and watching TV, and opening doors, and doing chores. I would not sleep until they left. But then, tomorrow is Independence Day. Everyone will be home. In fact, more family and friends would probably come over. I would not sleep tomorrow.

I really don't want to waste my time sleeping right now actually. I think I have enough energy to get some work done. I have a lot of photos to edit. I can write some more. I always seem to get more work done at night when the world is sleeping... at least on this third (or so) of it. The air is quiet. I don't have to listen to the rush of traffic or mass of muffled conversations... or fireworks, like the past ten days straight every night. At night when everyone else is sleeping I can find some peace and concentrate.

I didn't have this problem when I did not live with family. When I lived with friends, with people in school on the same type of schedule facing the same deadlines under the same pressure, we could find some accord, and feed off of that.

I need some more of that. I need to look for a place, a job, an opportunity to be in that kind of environment again. Then I would not have to sleep. I could pull a five-day week when I only sleep sporadically while waiting for the computer to finish its rendering or what-not it takes its time doing. I could be a pink battery-powered bunny, going and going and going until-





...





... ¬zz..

No comments:

Post a Comment

/*******Google Tracker*********/