Friday, August 10, 2007

Luxuries Hold Me Back

I am more productive when I do not have luxuries at my disposal. The comforts of life relax me. When I am amidst them, I feel content to the degree that I do not have to earn them.

For example... my parents' house, where I currently live, is always air conditioned, very cool beyond the point of comfort. I definitely never sweat in this household. In fact, often enough I am cold.
This luxury relaxes me; it slows me down. I complete work, but at a slower pace, later, and seemingly with more effort.
If I lived in a hot apartment with, at best, a fan, I think I would try harder. I think I would want to work to improve my situation. I would gain a perspective on life of the things I could have versus the things I do not.
You know, my work may even be better. And in fact, it has been.

I want to get a part time job (in a creative field, of course) in Ann Arbor I think. I want to get a place out that way with little luxuries. I want to take care of myself. I want to begin working harder... and producing more art, better art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

/*******Google Tracker*********/